WineXpert Everyday (quick) red?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpowell88

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking for a fairly quick everyday red to have while my nicer kits age. Any recommendations? I have easy access to cellar craft and wine xpert. I've heard the mezza Luna red is pretty good.. Anyone done that? The only thing I'm not a huge fan of are the smaller kits which come out thin, not sure if there is a way around this or not....

Thanks

The WE 15L Luna Rosa is nice. Add extra skins for more body and tanins. Of course it would benifit from aging but a young 6 week kit is better than a 4 week kit IMHO.

cheers

FWIW - it ages well too. Went through 2 magnums of 16 month old Luna Ross on Christmas Eve - everyone really loved it. To date, this is the most robust non-grape pack wine I have had. I have another batch waiting to bottle, and will probably make it every year to have at Christmas.

I have the WE vintners mezza luna red clearing right now. At 1 month it tastes like a nice red table wine, but I really won't know for a few more months how it turns out.

Hey guys thanks for the help! Went with the mezza Luna. Bubbling away in the primary now!

Hey guys thanks for the help! Went with the mezza Luna. Bubbling away in the primary now!

You'll like it. Mine was quite acceptable right out of the carboy and I am sure it will benefit bottled with 6 months on it. If you decide to cellar it longer than 6 months, be sure to add the extra 1/4 tsp k merta prescribed in the kit instructions. Good insurance, at any rate. I added it.

Latest posts

Back