ENOLMatic is the best thing EVAR!!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean

Reaction score
I finally around to bottling my 2007 RJS RQs today and finally used the ENOLMatic that I got for Christmas. I had been playing with it using water, but it is just not the same with water as it is with wine! Wine foams up, but water doesn't. It took about 10 bottles to get the trick to it.

You *must* cascade the wine down the sides of the bottle, by moving the bottle slight towards the front. This keeps all foaming down and then you can fill as fast as you want. I did 12 cases of wine, and this thing never missed a beat. It was an absolute pleasure to bottle the wine with it. After that, I used my new floor corker, which is the italian model with brass jaws. I've had 3 other portuguese floor corkers, but none of them can even hold a candle to the italian one! I thought the other ones were good, but this was even better if you can imagine that. All in all, a very fine couple of hours bottling and corking. I HIGHLY recommend the bottler and corker.

Someday I will invest in the Enolmatic as I would love to not have to sweeten back my wines. I definitely will get the sterile filter set up for my fruit wines. It makes make wine so much more fun when you have the right tools for the job and you get twice as much done with less work.

Looks like a very nice piece of equipment that i would like to put on my Christmas list. Dont know if ican wait that long though.
smiley36.gif

I also wanted to say that the Bush Vine Grenache is a VERY nice wine at just over 1 year old. I think this one will get much bettet over the year.

I didn't really get to taste the Montepulciano, but it smelled very nice too. The Malbec is very rich and full bodied, but needs more age, and the Unoaked Chardonnay is delightful!

Dean, Couple of quick questions:

Do you have the inline filter unit too?

Did you find you had to change the vacuum setting as the wine in the carboy went down?

Was the carboy and the filler on the same level?

I don't have the inline filter unit yet, but am planning to get one.

I did not change the vacuum setting as the wine went down and I had the carboy down on the floor, and the enolmatic up on a table about 4 feet higher. I noticed no reduction in fill speed nor did the unit have issues with sucking the wine up that far. I do make sure that all fittings are tight though.

Back