Eclipse Bourbon Barrel Zinfandel Cabernet Wine Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a copy of my included instructions. Both are identical in both kits.20180717_205154.jpeg20180717_205059.jpeg

If someone upstream hadn't posted about the new instructions I would have missed it because they are not actually in the instructions. I was looking carefully because I remembered reading about it on here.

Yep, French....Mine are in both English and French but nothing about saving an bourbon oak packet - except on the packet itself.

I see it now on the back of the oak package. Thank you!!!! Wtf! Can we be a little clearer with the instructions Winexpert and quite using generic instructions for every Elcipse kit with skins?

My apologies, I thought you meant on the back of the instructions.

My apologies, I thought you meant on the back of the instructions.
No problem at all. I went through a little panic when I started the batch Sunday morning because I had everything going and I'm like..didn't someone post instructions about saving the second packet of Bourbon Oak and no such instruction appears to be in the instructions? So I looked at them again.

I'm glad you folks have ferreted out the special instructions because I just got the good news from LP that my kit has shipped. Looking forward to fermenting this kit as soon as there is room in the carboy rotation. This may precipitate an early bottling session to make space! I guess it's time to take an inventory and decide who is old (and oaky) enough to get in the bottle.

I received my kit last night. I'm super excited for this one; since I started making wine, I've been raving about how I want to pack bourbon flavors into my ideal red wine, and this feels like the first step. Unfortunately I won't be able start mine until after I rotate in a couple other kits. Hopefully I'll start it in October.

By the way, I don't remember reading it on this thread, so in case anyone was curious, this kit came with EC 1118, and I only saw 1 packet. I plan to sub in my extra BM 4X4 packet, though.

Started mine this am. Saved both bourbon packets for the secondary and added some heavy toasted American to be regular packet for body/tannins. Also subs yeast with BM4x4 and added a cup of chopped dried black currants to the grape pack.

Picked up my kit yesterday, have to wait about 4 weeks for a Fermonster to be free, will then do an EM using RC212 yeast. I will save all of the bourbon Oak for bulk aging adding dark toast Fr. Oak to the primary.

Back