Dragon Blood is Done!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well here is my version of Dragons Blood wine. I had to back sweeten with 5 cups of sugar to get it right for the missus.

Wow looks awesome. That's a cool bottle.

How sweet is the 5 cups? I'm making 6 gallons of this. I'm looking to make a somewhat sweeter wine. I dont' want it to be like syrup though. LOL

How sweet is the 5 cups? I'm making 6 gallons of this. I'm looking to make a somewhat sweeter wine. I dont' want it to be like syrup though. LOL
Well It could be a little sweeter. We are used to my apple and grape wine made from juice and it is very sweet. Like southern ice tea sweet. 5 cups of sugar are fine in my opinion.

As I mentioned in another reply, I always back sweeten DB with 5 cups of sugar. It results in a finished gravity of 1.010 which to me is the perfect sweetness. But play around and find what you like best. Just remember, you can always add more sugar, but your can't take it back out 😉 😅

Back