WineXpert Double Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dazed

Junior
Reaction score
Wondering on how to double a kit. Assume using ~15 gal. primary, but can you then split into two secondary carboys? Thanks

Of course, but its also a good opportunity to try say oaking one carboy and not the other, do a little experimenting to see if one batch turns out better. Cracked

If the 15 gallon primary had the capability, you could ferment to dry in it. Or as you say, split it into two secondarys.

I had an opertunity a few years back with a batch of Norton where after racking came up to 4 gallons, so I re racked into 1 gallon jugs and did something different with each one. Left one as a controll, did nothing. The second and third I did variations of acid blend and oak, and the 4th, just oak. It was interesting to compare the flavors of each of them.

I had an opertunity a few years back with a batch of Norton where after racking came up to 4 gallons, so I re racked into 1 gallon jugs and did something different with each one. Left one as a controll, did nothing. The second and third I did variations of acid blend and oak, and the 4th, just oak. It was interesting to compare the flavors of each of them.

Norton! Did some mention Norton?
Several of us have been looking for a source for Norton grapes in the Fall. Any ideas?

Back