Quantcast

Double Handed Corker

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

scubaman2151

Reaction score
How well do the double handed corkers work with synthetic (fake) corks?

When I cork I am planning on useing fake corks and just wanted to know if there would be a problem doing that with a double handed corker.

Scuba

cpfan

Reaction score
Some people love hand corkers, some hate 'em. I'm in the second group. However, I would GUESS that most synthetic corks will be easier in a hand corker than some cork corks.

Hand corkers seem to work best with #8 corks (22mm across). The synthetic corks that I have used (I think I've tried 4 different brands) all seemed like #8 corks, although I haven't done an accurate measuring.

Steve

Sacalait

Reaction score
Nothing personal but from my experience I'd say throw it in the trash and get a floor corker.

Stevea51

Junior
Reaction score
Buy a floor corker

I personally use a portugese floor corker and it is very easy. I have friend that uses the 2 handed corker you are refering to and he says it's very hard to use and breaks corks. The floor corker is the way to go in opinion
stevea51

Wine Maker

Rocco
Reaction score
I agree that floor corkers are the way to go. They are easy to use and I have never had a problem with synthetic corks other than a few times where I didn't use enough pressure and had to remove the cork. All in all though with a floor corker I can cork 25 bottles in about 10 minutes.

Latest posts