dont be scared..show your age

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Inka Dinka Doo"
"Good night, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are."

As long as we are doing quotes, who remembers these:

"What sort of day was it? A day like all days, filled with those events that alter and illuminate our times... all things are as they were then, and you were there."
"Look, up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! it's Superman!"
"Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of man? The Shadow knows!"
"Book 'im, Dano!"
"I'm back in the saddle again, out where a friend is a friend, where the longhorn cattle feed on the lowly jimsonweed. Back in the saddle again."
"Baby, you're the greatest!"
"Born on a mountain top in Tennessee..."

and, of course,

"A fiery horse with the speed of light, a cloud of dust and a hearty Hi-yo Silver! The Lone Ranger. With his faithful Indian companion, Tonto, the daring and resourceful masked rider of the plains led the fight for law and order in the early western United States. Nowhere in the pages of history can one find a greater champion of justice. Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear. From out of the past come the thundering hoof beats of the great horse, Silver. The Lone Range rides again!"

Last edited:
In Alabama, Farm Bureau used to sponsor a scary show weekly. AT the very beginning, a door bell rings and a little girl opens the door and all you see is her face and she says, "Momma, it's the Farm Bureau Man" and she has a terrified look on her face. That is the way I remember it. It may have been the shadow knows.

Whadda ya mean "we" paleface.

Oh, wait a minute, that was not really on the show

de' plane! de' plane!

eta:
Oh, and remember the 70s bad acid trip counting song from Sesame Street?

Last edited:
Who remembers pulling up to the gas pump on a cold, snowy or rainy day, waiting for the guy to come out and telling him you wanted $3 worth, then having him pump it, wash your windshield and check your oil and tires for you for free while you waited in the car? And it cost you no more for this service.

That guy coming out to pump your gas? It was probably me! I worked as a pump jockey and mechanic through high school and college.

TV quote: "Uh, there's just one more thing, sir..."

Not to mention how much gas you got for $3.00. It would almost fit my daughter's tanks at 13 gallons

I remember the first time I had to pay $15 for a tank of gas to fill up my 85 Ford Tempo.
I pitched a fit because I couldn't believe it had gone up that much.

Back