WineXpert Domaine Des Brumes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PolishWineP

Reaction score
So I'm here at the computer, reading away on the forum, and what do I hear but the sound of a cork coming out of a bottle!
smiley32.gif
(One of my favorite sounds.) I find that Bert has opened a bottle of Domaine Des Brumes. What a great guy that Bert is!
smiley4.gif
I had just been thinking about doing the very same thing.
We're really enjoying this wine, so much so that I ordered another kit of it just the other day, and lucky princess that I am, it's on special this month!
smiley32.gif
Domaine Des Brumes is a Select kit and well worth every cent of it. It's got a nice mouth to it, not overly tannin but enough to let you know that you're drinking a nice red. It's nottoo dry and stands up well to any meat, including a good steak. If you're looking for a deal (steal) in a hearty red that isn't so dry that dust comes out of your mouth, this could be a good wine to try.
I don't even have to hoard this one as there's another kit on it's way!
smiley4.gif

(Can you tell I like this wine?
smiley2.gif
)

I would be willing to guess that maybe you like this wine. That Bert, sure knows how to treat a Princess. Whats the age on the batch your drinking? Sounds interesting, price is right.

I think we bottled it in April and had it bulk age a few months. I see this wine as a multipurpose wine that I don't intend to be without if I can help it!
And yes, that Bert knows how to treat a princess.

That Bert!!!!!!!

To Be a Step ahead of the Princess.

Your wish is his command!!!!!
fairy35.gif

You are a Lucky Princess!!Edited by: rgecaprock

Put out an APB! Poland is missing a Princess!!

ID Method: Breathalizer- Mark for Red Wine

Finguy said:
Put out an APB! Poland is missing a Princess!!

ID Method: Breathalizer- Mark for Red Wine
smiley36.gif
Haa haa haa! They'll never take me! Just give me the wine and no one gets hurt!

I enjoyed the Domaine but found that my "all purpose" favorite red is the Mezza Luna Red. Mmmmm. I make 2 or 3 at once.

Now I wasn't so keen on the Domaine des Brumes. I'm not sure I left it long enough (
smiley1.gif
) but it lacked the tannin and depth for me.

I like my reds really dry and the DdB had a little residual off dryness but without the complexity to make it work. I haven't found an all purpose red yet, still working on it. The whites for me do really well. I've been impressed with the Murray River Reserve, the Pinot Grigio (even the low end ones) and having just bottled the All Juice soave I know that is going to be a killer.

I do have the MM Amarone which shows a lot of promise but that's hardly an everyday wine.

Anyone want to chip in on some suggestions?

We just love the Australian Murray River Reserve. We have sort of renamed it and call it Aussie River. It has been a favorite of those to whom we have gifted with a bottle.
Tonight we broke into a bottle of the Napa Valley Stag's Leap District Merlot. I generally like my reds really dry with loads of mouth. The only thing I'd change about this wine is a touch more tannin. Poor Bert and I split a 375 of it tonight, and since I haven't slept much in the last 2 nights it hasn't taken much to hit me.
smiley12.gif
But it is well worth the money.
I like the Dm d'B for the fact that serving it as a moderately priced tablered fits the bill. I can serve it to those who don't appreciate a fully dry red and they like it.

Back