Does anyone swap yeast in kits?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The whole thing might even be a moot point anyways as I've also heard that for aged red wine any apparent difference with yeasts age out over time anyways.

I've heard the same thing and the reasoning behind it is over my head. But I can't help to think the different chemical characteristics a yeast contributes or inhibits has to have a lasting effect on the wine.[/QUOTE]
I think all it boils down to is the fruit aroma in the wine. RC 212 supposedly preserves a bit more of the fruit characteristics, however they age out in red wines over time I found...which is a good thing as alot of my red wines come across very fruity to the point they taste sweet. It literally transforms over the next year. I also find the kits without skins are drinkable much sooner, almost like the aging process has started in the bag even before fermentation. Kits with the skins taste disjointed for at least 6-8 months.

Back