Does anyone have any experiences with Mixed Black

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wiccan_Lager

Reaction score
Good day everyone,

so I have been contemplating what I am going to make this year in wine. I narrowed it down to a 3 quarters Merlot - 1 quarter Cabernet blend. I then saw some mixed black and I thought I wanted to give it a try. From what I understand it's just a mixture of random dark skin grapes.

But I have questions! Do they tell you what sort of grapes are in the juice pails and in what proportions or is a mystery? If not, how would I go about figuring out what yeast I would use. I mean, certain yeasts are better for caberet while others are better for sangiovese. Ya did?

Finally, has any one made wine from mixed black? My dad said he did once and it was a tough drink. But all my dads wines are tough drinking so I don't have a way of getting an idea what to expect.

You help is greatly appreciated!

Doesn't look like there is a lot of help here this time. I am even less help on this one, never tried the mixed black. Never tried any of the others either. Just to let you know somebody read your post. You mite try reposting down in the grape forum. Arne.

Back