Dishwasher Bottle washer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Bill

Very good questions you asked !

It is very important to find out those details that a wine bottle is not suggested to be used.

I would really like to find out the PSI of each line coming out per bottle ?

Thanks Bill

Very good questions you asked !

It is very important to find out those details that a wine bottle is not suggested to be used.

I would really like to find out the PSI of each line coming out per bottle ?

Actually Steve they are two questions you (water pressure) and boatboy (wine bottles) raised on this thread and I just went ahead and asked them of the CS person with whom I had already exchanged emails.

Last edited:
I picked up a used dishwasher and made a few modifications . I can set any amount of time and temp. Any size bottle will fit and I can wash 20 bottles at time. Works great !

Awesome build! I just do not have enough space for a dishwasher.. Love the manifold system. I am thinking scraps of cattle panels with the rods bent up to sit the bottles on...zip tie the hoses to rods...sit the whole contraption on top of a plastic storage box with the sump pump sitting in the bottom of the box. I have a heat stick in my beer brewing gear to keep the water hot. Then, it could all be stored in the same box.

farmer....what is that yellow tubing (and fittings) and where did you get it?

Thanks!

I picked up a used dishwasher and made a few modifications . I can set any amount of time and temp. Any size bottle will fit and I can wash 20 bottles at time. Works great !

This proves my theory. I was thinking about this and now I see how it can be done. I get used bottles from wineries and they never rinse them after use in the tasting room. I like it!

Sorry about that. I forgot to include the user/password
user: wine
pass: making

I password protected my video because I used music. That way the artist can't object. :)

Pretty slick! Nicely done.

Yes it is!

I am building something similar, actually very similar and I learned a couple of things. Liked the second tote as a spray shield...my prototype was splashing water everywhere. And sitting it inside the bathtub! Mess doesn't matter, it just drains away...GFI power outlet close by...shower already installed to rinse the outside of the bottles, and don't have to stand around inside a 110 degree shop this summer. I love a good cheap trick.

I rounded/chamfered the top ends so the bottle openings slip over the tubes easier. I'm planning on knurling or roughing up the other ends that press fit into the manifold for a better tighter fit.

I have some narrow neck bottles that take #8 corks which requires me to cycle the pump on and off to prevent them from filling and stopping the spray stream.
Going to see if cutting grooves along the tops of the T joints where the upright tubes join will help more water escape when washing the #8 neck bottles. If that mod works I'll upload some photos.

I might remake the manifold so the center feed connects at the opposite end for more equal pressure.

Other than that its the cats meow. :)

please see post #13 of this thread

I built a PVC plumbed bottle washer with 1/2" risers...it works, but the 1/2" risers act as loose corks and the bottles will fill up with water. I would prefer the water to jet up under force and drain away faster.

I liked this idea, but I don't want a dishwisher...but I really like the plumbing on this one....the yellow tubing and fittings and zip ties...clean and simple.

Problem....I can not find this tubing and fittings. Anyone out there know where to get this stuff?

Mismost, it appears that the tubing is 1/4" OD flexible air line as used on trucks and equipment. The tubing attaches to a straight compression fitting which would have 1/8" male pipe thread on the end inserted into the manifold. The manifold would be drilled and tapped 1/8" female pipe thread. At least that is what these old eyes are attempting to see. A truck parts supply or some automotive parts supply should be able to fix you up.

Mismost, it appears that the tubing is 1/4" OD flexible air line as used on trucks and equipment. The tubing attaches to a straight compression fitting which would have 1/8" male pipe thread on the end inserted into the manifold. The manifold would be drilled and tapped 1/8" female pipe thread. At least that is what these old eyes are attempting to see. A truck parts supply or some automotive parts supply should be able to fix you up.

Thank you! I have a habit of over thinking thing sometimes! I'll check that out tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back