diamond wine rack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

appleweld

Reaction score
here is the wine rack dad just built. spalted ambrosia tiger maple. holds 246 bottles. 7'tall 4'wide 12" deep. the top says cabin retreat. when i get the labels done, ill post that also. we have only made one batch of wine so there is a lot of extra room now for misc storage. the fermenting table is the same wood 18" wide 7'long. the legs are from an old lathe. wine on the left and center is a dry pear from juice we pressed in october. the red is a summer breeze kit from here. both will bottle in a week or so, then im thinking of a rubarb or a stawberry. we planted 1/2 acre of stawberrys last year that will be ready in june, so id like to get the wine perfected before we make in large quanities. thanks for looking. sorry, im having a fit trying to get the pics on here. i have to resize so small to get it to upload, the image is tiny. how do you get it bigger?
20100217_220029_100_5327.jpg
20100217_223640_100_5328.JPG
20100217_224056_100_5331.JPG
20100217_224428_100_5329.JPG

not sure if it would work, but when you edit your pictures try changing canvas size and scale it down to 5X7 and reduce the quality from high to medium/low...... It should help.......

Thats a nice wine rack

Probably obvious but you do have it bolted to the wall right?
That would not be good to have it filled up with 200+ bottles and then tump over one day...............
smiley19.gif

Those are probably the nicest wood in wine racks and winemaking table I have ever seen. That's violin grade wood there! Tell your dad he is really lucky to have such great wood to work with! I used to spend $50 or morefor a violin blank to work with. I had to give up making them because my thumbs got arthritis too bad to hold the thumb planes any more.

from one woodworker to another "well done, my friend, well done".

Probably be full soon BUT please bolt to wall.

rrawhide

Your dad out did himself, that is a very beautiful wine rack and table. Considering the quality wood used, I'll bet its secured to the wall pretty well. 1/2 acre of strawberries? My sons want to visit around picking time. Personally, I would decline. They went through almost a gallon last night!

Very nice work there,puts the one I'm building to shame.

Very nice indeed......Looks great....Now to get it loaded with wine....Have fun and enjoy this great hobby....
smiley1.gif

That's the problem with mine.... IT'S EMPTY.

But I am starting to bottle finally.

P.S. mine holds 150 Admiral. (from the question on the other thread)

That is very cool looking!!!

I would love to try that but I would probably cut my hand off or something. Then it would be harder to make wine...
smiley5.gif

actually not yet, it will be going in our cabin when i get it done this fall. as for now the temporary location is in the basement. i will attach to the wall though.

Latest posts

Back