Other Diamanti milk chocolate strawberry port style

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered the orange kit, but between getting a cold and other issues, have not been able to get it started. Should get it going soon.

I too am interested in how the milk chocolate strawberry port turned out.

I did make the Chocolate raspberry (only a couple left) and it was OK not much raspberry flavor.

The orange chocolate is still aging and so far not too bad but time will tell.

BUT I really want to know about the MC strawberry. IS it worth the money?

I'm fermenting my second kit. The first was awesome. I get the best feedback on this and the Ice Wine. It's very affordable also. The fruit pack smells delectable. It's very sweet and only meant to be sipped. Add a good cigar to that and it doesn't get any better.

I hope this helps. Sorry it's so late.

I currently have a DCO again now. Tasted pretty good when bottling, so waiting on some aging to try some more.

The ice wine I made had some aging time and I've given out a few bottles. All have thought it was great! Another I'll have to make more of.

Still deciding if I want to try the WE Choc Rasp. Always sounded good, but seems I see mixed impressions on it.

Those of you that have made the choc port or the ice wine ... did you bulk age or right to bottle? how long until you thought it was ready to drink ... thinking this might be a good christmas gift but not sure if i still have time?? anyone have a good source??

Those of you that have made the choc port or the ice wine ... did you bulk age or right to bottle? how long until you thought it was ready to drink ... thinking this might be a good christmas gift but not sure if i still have time?? anyone have a good source??

These are 6 week kits so you'd have plenty of time by Xmas. You can always ask your friends to leave it bottled for a certain time. If it were me, I would go the ice wine. Whites seem to be ok right after bottling.

Go for it..................Santa.

For the ice wine, I didn't like the taste when bottled at 6 weeks. I tried some at 4 months and then it had a good flavor and liked it. It's been a couple more months and friends that have had it now love it.

The kit makes 3 gallons. I get mine from Amazon.com though its currently unavailable.

I get this sent every 6 months from Amazon. I just went to second fermentation today with the Port and the Ice Wine. I add the fruit pack in 10 days. This is a great kit.

OK … made the Dark Choc Orange … and I hate it! The F pak had minimal flavor. Contacted the company and they want me to send them a sample … i taste no chocolate .. no orange … minimal stale flavor! I'm so disappointed! Had such High hopes!! It's better than it was just after clearing .. so i may just stick it in a corner for a bit longer … but I dont know how it's gonna develop flavor out of nothing!

Any ideas??

Really? That doesn't sound right. Mine smelled like a chocolate orange candy bar. I ordered 2 more that are still in the box. I hope they are the same as what I had before. It's a huge hit and it's hard to keep from opening them!
Send them a sample and see what they say.

OK … made the Dark Choc Orange … and I hate it! The F pak had minimal flavor. Contacted the company and they want me to send them a sample … i taste no chocolate .. no orange … minimal stale flavor! I'm so disappointed! Had such High hopes!! It's better than it was just after clearing .. so i may just stick it in a corner for a bit longer … but I dont know how it's gonna develop flavor out of nothing!

Any ideas??

Back