December 2013 Wine of the Month Club

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome, thank you. 1.000 is exactly what I was thinking, but I had no clue. I will shoot for that with the oak carboy and may bump it up to 1.004-1.005 on the other carboy to see what difference it makes. I definitely don't want to make this a sweet wine.
I too, am like you, and prefer my wines dryer.

wineforfun said:
Awesome, thank you. 1.000 is exactly what I was thinking, but I had no clue. I will shoot for that with the oak carboy and may bump it up to 1.004-1.005 on the other carboy to see what difference it makes. I definitely don't want to make this a sweet wine. I too, am like you, and prefer my wines dryer.

I think you will enjoy it a lot, it doesn't need to be sweetened much because the berry flavour pops and seems to have its own sweetness. I flavored my blended batch which was equal parts of my dark red and my blush with just the anise star and cinnamon and it too turned put wonderful! All these batches fermented right down to .990 as well :)

Ok WOTMC'ers - it's label time!

Who's gonna show what they're thinking of for this month's batch?

(I'm posting this in November's Thread too)

Seriously, Kim?
That is so much awesome, fantastic idea and play on words! You sure you're not a pro?

Excellent label Kim. Very fitting for the beet.

I think that is just perfect. I would have never thought of that and it certainly looks better than some of the labels I have seen. Got got this girl.

Kim, that is an awesome label. And I agree just perfect for what you made the wine from . Kudos!!!!!

Pam in cinti

Lol, Thanks guys.When I said be nice I was just expecting some polite corrections or input. :hug

Ok WOTM members your opinions please.This is for my beet wine. And be nice lol,I'm not good at this.

OMG totally awesome, where does all this creativity come from?? I think I'll have to install adobe photoshop on my laptop again. I have some other good software macromedia freehand and some other stuff... but it's only as good as the person using it!

Here is my anticipated label for my Concord/Cranberry for December. I should probably try to be more creative. :h

Capture.PNG

Have you tried having all the text in one colour at least on the cranberry background? Like all white? I definitely seem to have issues seeing the black text... but the white pops, maybe a lighter colour if not white?

This one I may use for my upcoming port - still in the fermenter... I got it from that online site labelry... needed some inspiration... may end up doing a spin off from that too... but i like the sort of monotone(ness) to it sort of ties up well.

ConcordPort2014crop2.jpg

Last edited:
Back