December 2013 Wine of the Month Club

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, you are right. The more I look at it the black makes my eyes hurt... :)

I'll try white out. I've been scanning the labels thread today and getting some good ideas. Now if I can only put them on paper...

Google is where I get my pics and ideas too! Not sure what I would do without it. I would probably be hand drawing labels...

I guess maybe I just needed to play around with powerpoint a little more and could have dressed it up some. Here is the latest. Looks better I think.

Capture.PNG

Once you select the picture in PowerPoint, on the upper right area click on shape effects -> soft edges and then select one of the options. I used 25 point softening.

Update on the Cranberry-Cutie wine. I racked from under the "growth" as was suggested by several on this site. At that time I added K-meta. At this time, I can see a cloudy sediment layer in the bottom 1/4 of my jug. The wine's color and smell seem to be ok (to my untrained nose).
I will be waiting this out to see how well it clears and what happens. I thank everyone who offered their ideas on this.

Plan: I am going to let this sit (possibly until April) to see how well it clears before the next step.

I"m glad to see this update. I was just wondering about your wine yesterday and then I forgot to come and ask what was going on with it.

Costa Rican Hibiscus wine update:
Racked today. Clearing up. Makes me smile when I type this because it smells and tastes like 1 part candy canes, 3 parts Red Hot candies.

CRhibiscus5.JPG

Costa Rican Hibiscus wine update:
Racked today. Clearing up. Makes me smile when I type this because it smells and tastes like 1 part candy canes, 3 parts Red Hot candies.

Ooooh, look at that beautiful color! That sure cleared nicely. Wish I had a SmelliMac.

Update on the Sweet Potato wine - I was out of town for a week and returned to find the sweet potato wine completely clear. In a week, it dropped all of the sediment out. I've never seen a wine go from so cloudy to completely clear in a week. Very interesting.

Taste is great - spicy and citrusy. Smell is not so great - vegetal, earthy...I think and hope it is just young.

Interesting... You'll have to report back again once it's aged who would have thought a sweet potato wine!

Back