'DANGEROUS RED' wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giuseppe

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the wine labeled "Dangerous Red" made by Valenzano Winery. It was created by Russle Newberry (Dangerous Catch, King crab fisherman), and is a light sweet red wine. Possibly one of my favorite commercial wines. They only produced it for a year, and they are all out when I tried buying from the winery. If I could make something like this, ohhhh happy happy happy!!

I have not heard of that but Cline makes a wine called "Red Truck".....about $10 a bottle and one of my favorite reds ever bottled.

Has anyone tried the wine labeled "Dangerous Red" made by Valenzano Winery. It was created by Russle Newberry (Dangerous Catch, King crab fisherman), and is a light sweet red wine. Possibly one of my favorite commercial wines. They only produced it for a year, and they are all out when I tried buying from the winery. If I could make something like this, ohhhh happy happy happy!!

Um! I wonder how the name passed TTB approval, or perhaps that's why they are out.

What is TTB? Maybe they were able to pass since there show is called Dangerous Catch! Idk

Red Truck recieves a second vote here as best commercial wine made. Followed closely by anything red made by Cartlidge and Brown

Dangerous Red is the same wine as Shamong Red by Valenzano Winery and it is widely available in NJ. Dangerous Red was a short term promotion. Shamong Red is the exact same wine with a different label and has been around since 1997.

Yea I like the Shamong Red. I also been to the winery. I havent heard of the dangerous red.
joeyjojojr Have you been to the new place yet? I pass the winery once in a while just not have had the time to stop.

The new place is unbelievable. You should stop in. 1st class. There are pictures on the website.

Yea it is. I been to many events at their old location. They put on quite a spread.

Daniel....why would the TTB have an issue w that name?

You never know with the TTB, or the CFIA (Canadian equivalent) for that matter. They've been known to have problems with some names, pictures or other images that might create confusion with the general public. I know we had problems with a label that included a car (an antique car). The label police had a problem because of the drinking and driving link.

Dangerous Wines is in business and produced by a winery in PA.
They have a web site, Dangerous Wines dot com. Saw them at a motorssports show recently.

Residual sugar is a measure of grams of sugar per ml of wine. For example if you have 75 grams of sugar in a 750ml bottle of wine you have 10% residual sugar. I can imagine this would get a bit tricky to calculate if the wine has "residual" sugar due to stopping fermentation early and leaving sugars behind. It is easier to calculate when a wine is fermented dry and then sweetened. Much easier to calculate since the grams of sugar in a cup can easily be divided into the total ml of wine.

This is a super late entry but Dangerous Red by the Valenzano winery was discontinued because of the show Dangerous Catch and to joeyjojojr Shamong Red is ABSOLUTELY NOT the same as Dangerous Red totally different taste! Lighter and higher alcohol level. I was told this same thing before but I drank both wines in the same setting and know better.

I have had the shaming red, it is good. But try the reserve, you will be very satisfied, guaranteed.

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Latest posts

Back