Damaged kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banzai88

Junior
Reaction score
I had a wine kit arrive yesterday that I could tell was leaking as soon as I saw the shipping box. I notified the supplier and a replacement is on its way. I have not opened the shrink wrap on the wine box so I have no idea how badly the inner bag is damaged, but I was contemplating trying to salvage the wine. Would I just be wasting my time? Any suggestions?

I had a wine kit arrive yesterday that I could tell was leaking as soon as I saw the shipping box. I notified the supplier and a replacement is on its way. I have not opened the shrink wrap on the wine box so I have no idea how badly the inner bag is damaged, but I was contemplating trying to salvage the wine. Would I just be wasting my time? Any suggestions?

Give it a shot, worst case you toss it, no skin off your back, but if it works out......two for the price of one, big score!!!

I had a similar problem with my first ever kit ordered. I think it was ordered from MoreWine, and they were super helpful about it. When I called, they said the same as Johnd: try making the wine anyway (even though they were sending another kit). It ended up tasting pretty good. It was a lower end kit, but I still can't taste the difference between the leaker and the replacement.

I had a similar problem with my first ever kit ordered. I think it was ordered from MoreWine, and they were super helpful about it. When I called, they said the same as Johnd: try making the wine anyway (even though they were sending another kit). It ended up tasting pretty good. It was a lower end kit, but I still can't taste the difference between the leaker and the replacement.

It turned out that the inner bag was not ruptured. I believe that the leakage was coming from a poorly fitted cap. I am unsure if, or how, that may affect the wine. I guess that I will find out.

Latest posts

Back