Crushed it yesterday!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None for me.

Although I do not do a paper-test, I do use my tongue. I can definitely get the tell-tale signs of butteryness and smoothness..

Besides for the fact that if your that new to moonshine that you dont know if it's crushed corn or whatever, you'll probably end up blowing up your house
I actually thought about doing it once. Besides for the blow-up factor, its not easy to make palatable moonshine. Shinin' hasn't benefited from the same scientific breakthroughs like winemaking has. Most amateurs end up with rubbing alcohol. Also, if you don't really know what your doing, you can go blind and others who drink the shine can also. Its a LOT less risky to make wine :)

Last edited:
I missed that post about moonshine..

Let me ask you this.. Why waste you time and money on hard stuff that might not be safe and will (in all likelihood) taste like turpentine??

Making a decent beer or wine is a skill, but you would be surprised at just how much success you can have with just a little bit of knowledge.

You also have the peace of mind knowing that you are not breaking the law.

Transferred the Chilean into the barrel yesterday.

I am using a new 225 liter barrel that has been filled with water for a week. I drained the barrel, Treated it with k-meta, then filled it.

I ended up filling the barrel, a 54 liter demijohn, and about 4 gallons in smaller "top-off" jugs.

I did some sampling and have to say that this one is turning out to be pretty good.

Here is a pic of the empty tank once cleaned (not really sure why I took that one) and a pic of the demi (front) and barrel (back).

IMG_20160828_155721_503.jpg

IMG_20160828_155750_625.jpg

Latest posts

Back