Cork Size For Frontera Bottles?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Underboss

Reaction score
Has anyone used wine bottles from Concha Y Toro, Frontera wine? The cork seems to be smaller in diameter thanthe Straight Corks - Fine Vine Wines Perfect Agglomerate #9 X 1.75. Does anyone know if they are of a different size? I have about 5 cases of these bottles and would like to use them if I could. Thanks for all of your help.

I have never had one of them but if they are smaller, why not get the same cork only in a #8? Many Italian wine bottles are smaller diameter and the #8 fits them fine, so I would suspect that these Chilean bottles necks would also accomodate the #8. Hopefully somebody will have both to try the fit for you, otherwise give George a call at Fine Vine Wines.

I always buy George's corks. I think they are they best. But I will go to my local shop today to see if I can get just 1 #8 from them and see if it fits.

Do you have anyway to measure the neck size of the bottles???? Or a least to compare your bottles with regulator 750 ml. wine bottles....#9 corks are listed at15/16" and #8 are listed at 7/8"....

No way to measure them. I use the Vacuvin wine stoppers and they will work on them but just barely. If the Frontera bottle was any smaller they would not work.

If you don't have a caliper you could take a bottle to a bike shop and ask them to measure the inside diameter for you. We use them all the time to determine seatpost diameter, I don't see why it wouldn't work for a wine bottle!

Latest posts

Back