Cherry wine needs more flavor

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctshep97

Reaction score
i am working on a cherry wine, about 2 gallons.the wife tasted it the other day and said it needs more cherry flavor and be sweeter. i was wondering if any one has used cheery flavoring to bring the flavor up. i was thinking about the type you use to make cocktails. and that would sweeten it up some also. in the past i have made f packs with fruit and make a simple syrup. has anyone used the flavoring !! ...thanks

Have not used that nor kool aid, only have done the same as you with a f-pack and simple syrup.

Try it and let us know!!

http://www.homewinery.com/cgi-bin/concen.cgi

4052 Sour cherry

4053 Sweet cherry

Tell them when you order that you do not need yeast or other additives, just the concentrate, or they will send the extra stuff and charge you. Count on about $15 shipping. Freeze any you do not use for later use or to make into another small wine batch. You will be pleased. Yes, it could be viewed as expensive, but I'll bet to save your wine flavor by the gallon it's not bad. I have used their concentrates a lot.

Last edited:
Back