Cherry chocolate wine

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Merleshizy, Dec 26, 2012.

Wine Making Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk by donating:

1. Dec 26, 2012 #1

Merleshizy

Merleshizy

Merleshizy

Junior

I want to make a cherry chocolate wine. Being new to this I was wondering if anyone had a good recipe. Also I want to use a white wine yeast. What would be the difference between a white and red yeast in it? It will be 3 gallons a well.

2. Dec 26, 2012 #2

Thig

Thig

Thig

3. Dec 26, 2012 #3

Merleshizy

Merleshizy

Merleshizy

Junior

I'll give it a look, I think I need to approach this differently though. I need to get a good cherry wine and then modify. I'm going to use cacao nibs and some vanilla bean. Nice raw product not preservatives. researching as we speak.

4. Jan 6, 2018 #4

ManicMonkey

ManicMonkey

ManicMonkey

Junior

I have a sweet cherry tree in our garden and this looks like an interesting recipe! Any advice for quantities if I were to use fresh cherries and a bar of chocolate? Milk or dark?

5. Feb 14, 2018 #5

Zintrigue

Zintrigue

Zintrigue

I took the cheap and easy route with mine. I used Danger Dave's dragon blood recipe, except instead of mixed frozen fruit I did pure cherries. Cleared and stabilized like normal, then just before letting it sit I backsweetened with chocolate liqueur. For 1 gallon I do about 8 tbsp (give or take a bit to taste). Then I add a bit less than the recommended sugar because chocolate liqueur is already sweet. Family seems to love the hell out of it.

JSquared likes this.
  6. Feb 22, 2019 #6

priZm

priZm

priZm

Junior

What kind of chocolate liquor did you use?? Like Godiva? I'm wondering how that works when you add it in, wouldn't it reduce the clarity of the wine?

7. Feb 23, 2019 #7

Mrose

Mrose

Mrose

Wine making buddy

I make a raspberry white choclate wine that I can’t keep made fast enough! I use the orchard breezin kit and Monin Suryp. I’ll only use 1/2 of the F-pack from the kit and use the whole bottle of white choclate.

8. Feb 23, 2019 #8

salcoco

salcoco

salcoco

Veteran Wine Maker WMT Supporter

cream de cacaoe is a good liquor for chocolate flavor. visit https://winemaking.jackkeller.net/index.asp for a strawberry chocolate wine . of importance is using a dutch choclate that has been processed properly. Keller has a discussion of this on his blog.

9. Feb 24, 2019 #9

WinoDave

WinoDave

WinoDave

You buy that $9.95 bottle of white chocolate from Monin? Making sure I’m buying the right thing. Sounds like a great idea. Thinking of getting the chocolate and adding it too a strawberry kit and cherry kit.

10. Feb 26, 2019 #10

Mrose

Mrose

Mrose

Wine making buddy

WinoDave, yep that’s what I use. I gets good results and I’m very happy with the results. Haven’t had good results with the dark chocolate it makes the wine grainy tasting.

WinoDave likes this.
  11. Feb 26, 2019 #11

WinoDave

WinoDave

WinoDave

Thank You for that information, especially on the chocolate. Weird chocolate syrup would be grainy?? Maybe I’ll do cocoa nibs for cherry and strawberry
    I bought a chocolate cherry dessert wine kit and it is awesome. Making the chocolate/raspberry wine kit now. Just looking for something that’s a little cheaper to make. Those kits are $90 a piece and you only get 3 gallons

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  12. Feb 26, 2019 #12

Mrose

Mrose

Mrose

Wine making buddy

WinoDave, I should have been more specific,it’s the dark chocolate that makes the wine grainy tasting. The white chocolate is the way to go.

13. Feb 26, 2019 #13

WinoDave

WinoDave

WinoDave

THankYou, Island mist makes a great cherry wine kit if you ever want to try a white chocolate cherry. Think these might be my next 2 kits.