Cherry chocolate wine

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Merleshizy, Dec 26, 2012.

Help Support Winemaking Talk by donating using the link above.
  1. Merleshizy

Merleshizy Junior

I want to make a cherry chocolate wine. Being new to this I was wondering if anyone had a good recipe. Also I want to use a white wine yeast. What would be the difference between a white and red yeast in it? It will be 3 gallons a well.

2. Thig

Thig Senior Member

3. Merleshizy

Merleshizy Junior

I'll give it a look, I think I need to approach this differently though. I need to get a good cherry wine and then modify. I'm going to use cacao nibs and some vanilla bean. Nice raw product not preservatives. researching as we speak.

4. ManicMonkey

ManicMonkey Junior

I have a sweet cherry tree in our garden and this looks like an interesting recipe! Any advice for quantities if I were to use fresh cherries and a bar of chocolate? Milk or dark?

5. Zintrigue

Zintrigue Senior Member

I took the cheap and easy route with mine. I used Danger Dave's dragon blood recipe, except instead of mixed frozen fruit I did pure cherries. Cleared and stabilized like normal, then just before letting it sit I backsweetened with chocolate liqueur. For 1 gallon I do about 8 tbsp (give or take a bit to taste). Then I add a bit less than the recommended sugar because chocolate liqueur is already sweet. Family seems to love the hell out of it.

JSquared likes this.