Check out Undercover Boss this Sunday

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chateau Joe

Snowbelt Fermenter
Reaction score
It's on CBS after 60 minutes. The undercover boss will be from Kendall Jackson Winery. It looks like it may be fun to watch.

Thought I missed that episode glad I didn't. Looks like the boss is on the bottling line and things go crazy like Lucy with the chocolates!

OK Joe you started this now you'll have to remind us all on Sunday!

I'll try but I don't do much computer stuff on the weekends.

I had to chuckle when I saw that I bottling I Love Lucy moment. I'll bet he is a winery owner in name only. I don't know about California. But here in New York, I cannot think of one winery owner that doesn't have his hands on every piece of the operation.

DVR set! Gonna try to watch it at regular time but set it anyways just in case. I like a lot of the KJ wines. We visited them (BOTH tasting rooms) when we went to Sonoma. They have some spectacular wines that you can only get there. Single vineyard pinot and chardonnay and such that are amazing. KJ is a huge company so I can see that it would be easy to send in an owner-type person undetected. Should be good TV!

Undercover Boss in 4 minutes! CBS

Probably different for you "westerners".

Last edited:
Just goes to show you that a company's success is tied to the lowest employees on the totem pole.

Wish they would have showed him doing some real wine / vineyard work, like picking, crushing, cleaning tanks, driving tractors etc.. Instead he counts grape clusters, tries to load a botteling machine, delivers cases and works in a tasting room.

Also, who hires employees and does not have a manager that can speak to them?? Could I suggest Rosetta Stone .....

The guy seemed like a real cheap SOB.

He had that one girl working the tasting room, she worked 38 - 40 hours a week, and go no benefits.

Not sure about california, but I believe that ANY job over 35 hours in NJ is considered as "full Time".

All this guy gave her was 5,000.00 (which she, by rights, had comming to her for benefits not paid) and the "right" to call herself a full time employee.

Meanwhile, she is a single mother of 3.

The guy seemed like a real cheap SOB.

He had that one girl working the tasting room, she worked 38 - 40 hours a week, and go no benefits.

Not sure about california, but I believe that ANY job over 35 hours in NJ is considered as "full Time".

All this guy gave her was 5,000.00 (which she, by rights, had comming to her for benefits not paid) and the "right" to call herself a full time employee.

Meanwhile, she is a single mother of 3.

Just because you work "full time" does not mean you get benefits. I work 40 hrs a week and have not had a job where I got benefits since 2001....

and he DID make her full time

as far as being a single mother of three, while one can be open and sympathetic and helpful at times...her marital status is not his fault nor his responsibility and he should not and cannot dictate company policy based on charity first....it needs to be business first and charity second

i am always shocked when i see people infer that people need to be entitled to benefits simply because they exist

I just think his bonus were pretty cheap.

It would have been nice to show him doing some of the de-stemming or firmenting.

"I just think his bonus were pretty cheap."

how would you feel if the bonus was higher and you were an employee that did not get picked for the show? while we got to see 4 employees we didnt get to see thousands(?) of others and i am sure they would like to have been picked...so any bonus given small or large will not please everyone

while we all would like to see more wine related clips...the show is called undercover boss, not undercover winemaker

the show was nice over all and to me, very pleasant to watch

Al,

My point was that in some states, due to the hours she worked, she aready is "Full time". The only difference for her was that she did not receive the benefits that she was intitled to.

In other words, She did not get a bonus, just what she should have been getting all along. The 5 grand was simply to cover the medical costs incurred while she was working at the company.

The point I was making was also that, as a company, Kendal Jackson should be PROUD of the way it ripped off a single mother of 3.

I find it hard to believe after the first season of this show that ANYONE who works for a large corporation wouldn't know that might just be the boss in disguise especially since they have cameras following him around everywhere he goes ....... :slp

Latest posts

Back