Champagne Bottles

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubaman2151

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that to make a sparkling wine I need that thicker champagne bottle? Well does anyone know where I can get some of these bottles for free? Like right now I get my reg bottles from local restaurants but I cant think of where to find some champagne bottles.

Scuba

Its much harder to get those free as they arent sold as much and the bottles are much more expensive to buy. The days after New Years day are the best time to hit restaurants, bars and recycling center. Ask the person at the recycling center to save you some in exchange for a few bottles of wine as this is what I do and I usually get about 60. I never see them around lately. Another thing to do is look into wineries around you that make sparkling wine and do tastings.

Try a restaurant, convention center, VFWor any place that would host weddings....a friend who caters would get a couple dozen at a time from weddings.

Recycling centers would probably end up with many after weddings...or like Wade said after New Years.

I found two other sources Scuba, Craigslist, and a Yahoo group called Freecycle. Both of them have options to post or join in your local area. I recieved about eight cases of the champagne bottles a few days after my posting wanting them.

Ill check out that program, it sounds interesting.

I also called one of the local party halls and told them I needed bottles. They said it was no problem, thier first wedding was April 5th and they would have bottles for me after that.

Scuba

Back