Challenges

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pizzaerick

Reaction score
FINALLY after 4 attempts I got my Front Gris going! Seems I may have put a bit too much K-meta in to stabilize the juice. Had to splash it around from bucket to bucket after 3 failed attempts to get the yeast going. Apparently EP2 is susceptible to just about everything I did!

Well, it's bubbling now, and since weather is around 70º it's keeping a nice slow rate!

Another case where persistence pays off.
smiley20.gif

Well, It'll be interesting to see what happens now. My very slow bubbling turned into a volcano!

I went in to check the SG and I guess I got the juice stirred up a bit, and it was off to the races for the yeast! 3 days to fall about 3 brix in sugar, then it started dropping so fast, last night it dropped 1 brix in an hour!

This is disappointing because I wanted it to be a slow ferment and have the alcohol kill off the yeast at about 13% alc and 2% sugar, but it was going so fast I think it's gonna blow right past that.

Well, I've got 2 buckets of Front I'm going to do in a rosé style, and another bucket of Gris I am going to do as a desert wine. I've removed 2 gallons of ice and have the sugar to about 30 brix, I'm shooting for +/- 38 brix before I add the yeast.

Latest posts

Back