Care to step up to the soap box?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
joeswine said:
ZEMBER311

never herad anyone say they missed n.jjjjjjjjjjjjjj.,thats a first for me! However I do call it home.
smiley36.gif
,I'am not to far from tuckerton,just down the road aways.

Hahah
smiley36.gif

Dont get me wrong, I don't miss the yonkers, jersey city, 78 into NY, well heck ANY THING NORTH OF 78
smiley5.gif

But seaside heights, Tuckerton, Cape May and even Wildwood !!!!!!!

Those were my growing up years,

Do you know of a camp ground byt he name of SEA PIRATE on route 9 ?

That was my yearly camp ground, and if you or anyone you know is a crabber , THAT is the camp ground, right in the back of the private property of the camp owners is the water ways to Little egg harbor ? so a walk from your tent with a case of beer, a camp lantern, and nothing to do but catch crabs at the tides peak. ABSOLUTE HEAVEN !

Oh yeah, NJ can have hoboken, princeton, hehoken,

YUK !

I don't miss those service call days when I worked for a fire alarm company.

HAHA

ZEMBER311////
I'am way south of all those points except,the crabbing spots,however it's been a long time since I've crabbed,seams like for ever,my life went in to a different dirrection ,those upper state things I don't go no were near!,
smiley3.gif
there are quite a few camping spots along route 9 and good crabbing spots also,my inlaws and ther family owned a big chunk of north cape may at one time ,do you know wrer the concreet shipis? along that roads a bird santuary across from that 2 square country blocks of land,,beautiful in the morning.
smiley2.gif
Edited by: joeswine

Concrete ships,

CAPE May point ! I would go there to get all the cape may diamonds, well clear colored rocks.
smiley14.gif

There is a name for that beach, I wanna say summers point or something like that, whats the other name they use ?

All I can think of is those two gift shops down at the enod of the parking lot.

DON'T NO NO OTHER NAME EXCEPT NORTH BEACH OR CAPE MAY DIAMOND BEACH,NOT IMPORTANT,IT WAS THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTED,GREAT TIMES DOWN THERE WHEN I WAS A LITTEL YOUNGER,AND ALOT OF WORK ON THE INLWAS HOUSE EVERY SUMMER,GLAD ITS GONE,YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN?

I use to help my uncle make muscadine wine every year. We made wine and home made sausage. It started out just me and him then my father started helping then my other uncles and so on. It became a thing for all the men of the to do together. Nothing against the women makers out there. This was just out male bonding thing. I always prided myself in have a very very close family. We got together every Sat. night for hamburgers followed up by wine or whiskey whichever was to your liking. About 7 years ago I moved away from the hometown and it was a little harder to get down there every weekend. But I would make it down there a few times a month. Well 3 years ago my Grandmother passed away. She was truly the bond that held us together. Because as soon as that bond was gone the family went its own way. I have been trying to get the family back together allot but there always seems to be some reason why someone can't be there. So now we get together once a year at Christmas. Which I guess is better than nothing at all but still not what our family was about. So anyway the other day I was driving from work on the interstate and saw a sign for the local Brew Shop. I went in there talked to the guy, and bought a kit. I guess I got into it to seem more back to normal? If that makes any since to anyone.Edited by: bfletch13

That sure does make sense. I am the same way with some interests.

1) I always find myself doin my hydroponics from november to about feb, my grandafther and I would make seedlings around those times to try out different tomoato plants and such for the next year. Seeing how we no longer get together and do this, for me to just be doing it, allows me the chance to remember the days as I still do the tradtion.

2) From about march to june, my father and I were big into radio controlled boats, so still to this say even after his passing, I keep those months open to build a hul from scratch, drop the gear in it, and run the boat at the bay. i stillfind myself laughing to myself as building these boats reminds me of the silly things my father would come up with for his boats.

3) from june to about august it's beach time, and from august to november it's making analo synths, My life seems to be on a schedule
smiley1.gif

Well I was at a local gathering and I heard a lady talking about how she owned a wine supply store and she tought people how to make wine. So I was talking to her and I decided to email her that week to see if she would come and teach me how to make wine. Well I sent the email and while I waited for her reply I started doing lots of reading on wine making. Well she finally emailed me back about 4 weeks later and at that time I already had 6 gallons fermenting in the basement. I havent been making wine that long, maybe 4-6 months but I love every minute of it. My dad will come over and help me so its nice becuase its something we can share.

Scuba

Scubaman2151 said:
Well she finally emailed me back about 4 weeks later and at that time I already had 6 gallons fermenting in the basement.

That is exactly the way I would have been. I couldn't wait that long for her just do it on my own. All the mess ups along the way will only teach me more.

smiley2.gif
well guys they call that progress and time marches on ,and so on,but nothing takes the place of family no matter how big or small,its the good time memories and the no so good its the fun and the not so fun,its the heartaches and the triumps,but it all boils down to family and when you look back aren't you glad you had them to remember,and laugh inside a little or not,you can also view this forum as a big family with brothers disagreening,or not, along with sisters shareing there thoughts,and questions,this is a good place to start

joeswine said:
smiley2.gif
well guys they call that progress and time marches on ,and so on,but nothing takes the place of family no matter how big or small,its the good time memories and the no so good its the fun and the not so fun,its the heartaches and the triumps,but it all boils down to family and when you look back aren't you glad you had them to remember,and laugh inside a little or not,you can also view this forum as a big family with brothers disagreening,or not, along with sisters shareing there thoughts,and questions,this is a good place to start

If I could reach through the computer and shake your hand, I would !

smiley32.gif

You may have read this before, but it's good for a laugh - A Bottle of Wine

For all of us who are married, were married, wish you were married, or wish you weren't married, this is something to smile about the next time you see a bottle of wine: Sally was driving home from one of her business trips in Northern Arizona when she saw an elderly Navajo woman walking on the side of the road. As the trip was a long and quiet one, she stopped the car and asked the Navajo woman if she would like a ride. With a silent nod of thanks, the woman got into the car. Resuming the journey, Sally tried in vain to make a bit of small talk with the Navajo woman. The old woman just sat silently, looking intently at everything she saw, studying every little detail, until she noticed a brown bag on the seat next to Sally. "What in bag?" asked the old woman. Sally looked down at the brown bag and said, "It's a bottle of wine. I got it for my husband." The Navajo woman was silent for another moment or two. Then speaking with the quiet wisdom of an elder, she said: "Good trade....

Latest posts

Back