Carboy size for all juice kit.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freqflyer

Reaction score
I'm thinking of trying a Mosti Mondiale’s 23L Original Alljuice Kit. 23L works out to 6.07 gallons. Do I need a 6.5 gallon carboy or will a 6 gallon one work? I have suspected the 6 gallon carboys hold slightly more than 6 gallons. I haven't measured them other than when I fill my fermenting bucket and subsequently pour the wine into the carboy.

A 6 gallon Italian carboy is often a liter or more over 6 gallons. If anything, you might have to top up. If you're using a Better Bottle, they tend to be exactly 6 gallons. As Illbeedan said, you'll loose at least that 9 oz at your first racking. If you have additional wine, put it in an empty wine bottle with an airlock and #2 stopper.

What the other two posters said.

Please take this with a grain of salt... Of all the kits I've done the one that I've been least impressed with has been a Mosti Mondiale’s 23L Original Alljuice Kit. It was a White Zinfandel if I remember correctly. On the positive side I've been using the bucket with its seal lid for my corkidor.

Last edited:
What would recommend for a good white zinfandel bkisel? That's the one I was going to make. I made a wine expert white zinfandel. It was good but not great, only slightly better than the cheapest stuff from the store.

What would recommend for a good white zinfandel bkisel? That's the one I was going to make. I made a wine expert white zinfandel. It was good but not great, only slightly better than the cheapest stuff from the store.

Hope this helps...

The other WZ I made was from RJS. This was from their lower end VDV (9L) series. Wife loves it. RJS also has Zinfandel in their Grand Cru series (10L) and finally another WZ in their Cellar Classic series (15L). For my wife, because she likes off-dry, I'd only make the VDV or the CC kit because they come with an f-pack that brings the WZ to off-dry.

I'm not much of a blush drinker, but I've been intrigued by Winexpert's series of limited edition blushes over the last few springs. I believe that the latest one was Winexpert Selection International Australian Grenache Rose Wine Kit.

Steve

I'm not much of a blush drinker, but I've been intrigued by Winexpert's series of limited edition blushes over the last few springs. I believe that the latest one was Winexpert Selection International Australian Grenache Rose Wine Kit.

Steve

I did that one and it is great. I upped the ABV by adding 2 cups of sugar and half the f-pac. If you can find one, I'd recommend it.

I've also heard not-so-great things about the AllJuice kits.

Latest posts

Back