Cannot drink store wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would disagree , this is probably one of the most enlightening threads I've read here.
There should be less tolerance of falsehoods and scientifically poor advice spread on the forum.
When misinformation is spread , the purveyor should be called on it.

I would disagree , this is probably one of the most enlightening threads I've read here.
There should be less tolerance of falsehoods and scientifically poor advice spread on the forum.

I could not agree more.

Folks, I am here to learn and I learn something every day. I love the banter and the help that flows so freely here. If I am wrong about something, I will gladly stand corrected. Feel free to educate me, that is what I am here for. Seems my understanding about sulfites is incorrect. I apologize if I mislead anyone.

That said, attacking someone for inaccurate information is not helpful. Statements like "I absolutely hate this completely ignorant statement", whether intended or not, attacks the person as well as the statement.

Then to follow up with "I will admit I might have been a bit aggressive in my initial response but I am absolutely disgusted with the ever pervasive ignorant sulfite statements that I constantly hear in every venue that wine is discussed." Every venue....hmmm. Seems to be a common misconception. This quote is no calmer or respectful than the first. Please educate rather than attack. That is all I am saying.

Statements like these remind me of Donald Trump. He has tremendous experience and knowledge, but his delivery causes my brain to go <click>.

This ends my response to this forever. Have a great day.

Correcting misinformation is one thing but personal attacks and or being verbally abusive to others forum members will not be tolerated. If you can't play nice with others you will be asked to leave.

Correcting misinformation is one thing but personal attacks and or being verbally abusive to others forum members will not be tolerated. If you can't play nice with others you will be asked to leave.

I did not attack anybody personally nor was I verbally abusive. Specifically, I criticized an inaccurate statement. Should we tolerate misinformation?

That is up for debate. Would you speak to your wife in that fashion? Your Boss/Supervisor? I would hope not. Its all in the delivery. You can correct misinformation but you don't have to be rude. You sir are rude since the day you signed up for this forum. Consider this a first and last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back