can kmeta and k sorbate go bad

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kubi3875

Junior
Reaction score
will these go bad and lose there potency i have signs of renewed fermantion in my cherry lime dragons blood degassed till there were no more bubbles sparkolloid yesterday today looks like having bubbledcoming to the top my cemicals are a couple years old

KMETA no, Sorbate, absolutely yes. It should be less than 12 months old for sure and 6 months is way safer.

KMETA no, Sorbate, absolutely yes. It should be less than 12 months old for sure and 6 months is way safer.

I think k-meta does lose potency over time (same time frame as sorbate) as well but im trying to find something to back it up

Last edited:
Deezil, you are correct. Both lose potency over time. For a little while as they are checking out, you can dose higher, but they fall off pretty quick.

K meta works by the fumes, so when using as a sanitizer if you can't carefully whiff a little stink off it, you probably do not have enough in there and/or it is getting weaker.

Two years is a long time. Might get a year out of them, properly stored. I'd be getting leery after that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back