Can I brew a 6 bottle wine kit in a 33 fermentation container?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommcd

Junior
Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this I have brought a 33litre kit and two 6 bottle wine kits one red and one white to start then want to go onto ciders and beers and bigger batches of wine. That's why I went for the bigger start up set. And now panicking to if I have got a smaller start up set?

Welcome!!

As long as you have a properly sized vessels to house your wine, with little headspace, from near the end of fermentation until bottling time, you’ll be fine. You can ferment in a container way bigger than your must can fill up.

Screenshot_20200426_152340_com.android.chrome.jpg
Thanks for your help so this is what I have ordered, so I wouldn't be able to leave it in the tubs until bottling, I would have to put it in a demiJohn of the correct size of 6 bottles before bottling. I have been revising about everything but this seems to be the part I can't find any information about.
Thanks again.

Yes, that is correct. After the main part of alcoholic fermentation is over, you will need to put the wine in a smaller vessel, usually glass, to limit the exposure to air. The vessel should have very little "headspace," i.e., empty space filled with air.

Thank you for your help guys you really have cleared it up great help 👍

Latest posts

Back