Calories in HB wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sampvt

Senior member from Leeds UK.
Reaction score
Does anyone know how many calories there are in a bottle of a HB kit wine. Approximate will do. Its the wife, she is on a diet (of sorts, lol)

Ball park figure, I use 125 calories per ounce for a dry wine. The sweeter the wine, the higher the caloric amount. I'm there (figuratively speaking) with your wife. One 6 ounce glass per day, sip, and enjoy.

The number of calories in wine is actually around 25 calories per ounce or 125 per 5 ounce glass, not 125 per ounce. If it was that much, all winedrinkers would be fat in no time.

That is exactly correct, 25 per ounce. My humblest and sincerest apologies. Now, I have to go for a walk to wake up!!

grapeman is on it. Average glass(5 oz.) of dry red wine is approx.120 cal. with approx. 4 carbs.
The sweeter wines will increase in both of these numbers.

Does anyone know how many calories there are in a bottle of a HB kit wine. Approximate will do. Its the wife, she is on a diet (of sorts, lol)

So, taking the number of 120 - 125 per 5 oz. glass from the others, the answer to your specific question would be about 625 calories per 750 ml bottle.

Also, you asked about homebrew wine in particular. At the risk of sounding obvious, the calories don't care -- it is the same in homemade as in commercial.

That is exactly correct, 25 per ounce. My humblest and sincerest apologies. Now, I have to go for a walk to wake up!!

You're not getting it. At 125 per glass, you don't have to walk anymore.

Rodnboro, you don't understand. There is all of the fine food that goes along with the wine. Any heavier and it will be an electric cart for me. Sign that "Happy and Heavy".

Latest posts

Back