Bulk Ageing Kit Wine Question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winesleeper

Reaction score
My wine kit instructions says that after I degas and have add the sorbate, small juice bag, kieselsol and chitosan. It will take only 4-6 days to become clear and ready for bottling. Is this true? Can I wait longer? Will it help much to wait longer? As always thanks everyone for the help.

My wine kit instructions says that after I degas and have add the sorbate, small juice bag, kieselsol and chitosan. It will take only 4-6 days to become clear and ready for bottling. Is this true? Can I wait longer? Will it help much to wait longer? As always thanks everyone for the help.
As always, better answers when you tell us what kit you are making. Sounds like a white or a mist wine. Different answers for them versus a decent red,

Steve

That is why I'm staying in the beginners forum for a long long time. It's a Cornucopia Kit, Blackberry/Mure Red Zinfandel. Thanks!

winesleeper....(having made a Cornucopia kit in my early days) you can definitely exceed the 4-6 days until ready to bottle recommendation. In fact, while the wine will likely clear by then (as long as degassed and at right temp range) you will want to rack the clear wine off of any lees before you bottle. A good rule of thumb for is: if no lees have dropped for 60 days since the last racking of this clear, degassed wine then you can proceed with bottling. This kit was fairly simple to degas just by manually stirring, at a temp of 75F, then I added final ingredients and stashed it at 60F and it was crystal clear in 48hours.

Latest posts

Back