building a supply

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic Paul! Anyway you can get us just the template so we can print it and write it in manually? Excel is my nemesis just looking at it makes me feel like I have had to many glasses of wine...

Sour Grapes,

Wow, that is quite the setup. Thank you for sharing your spreadsheet. I am going to take a look and see what I can glean to help me. I love real world experience with data. I think I will start something like that for myself.

Thanks again for sharing.

Is that wine rack in your basement?

Fantastic Paul! Anyway you can get us just the template so we can print it and write it in manually? Excel is my nemesis just looking at it makes me feel like I have had to many glasses of wine...

Hi, Jocelyn,

I'm willing to try to provide something useful, but I am not quite sure what you are asking for... The beauty of using Excel is that it calculates the future dates for you. I'll take a look over the weekend if there is something useful I can come up with.

Sour Grapes,

Wow, that is quite the setup. Thank you for sharing your spreadsheet. I am going to take a look and see what I can glean to help me. I love real world experience with data. I think I will start something like that for myself.

Thanks again for sharing.

Is that wine rack in your basement?

In the basement, yes. It superseded the previous one, which is right next to it:

oldwinecloset.jpg

I am going to go out on a limb and guess that one is "under the stairs" :)

I think I am most impressed with your patience. I am not sure if I am going to able to wait that long for my wine.

I also thought you had one heck of a New Years Day in 2013 until I realized that some of the wines listed were not even started yet. :)

I am going to go out on a limb and guess that one is "under the stairs" :)

Actually, it is not. It is a full-height closet right next to the other one; it looks short because the water meter is under the lowest visible shelf. (I built the rack in an existing closet meant to house the meter.)

"Under the stairs" is where my carboys reside. I also had about 300 bottles in cases there before I build that rack. When the rack is full, that's is where I am going to put the new batches, too!

I also thought you had one heck of a New Years Day in 2013 until I realized that some of the wines listed were not even started yet. :)

Yeah, 1/1/2013 was my "default" starting time for everything. I suppose it may have been more believable if I had chosen 12/31/2012! :hny:pty:hny2

Last edited:
Paul,

I think she is just looking for you to format the worksheet so that it prints landscape and is sized for 8.5 x 11" paper(assuming Jocelyn is in the US).

Latest posts

Back