brew belt

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trubador

Reaction score
I am going to be using this tonight to bring a Pinot Noir up to 75 degrees so that I can degass tomorrow and sunday.

Question is this: When using the brew belt, the instructions say that nothing can be wrapped around the carboy while in use. Currently, I use a towel around the carboy in order to keep light away.

If I use the brew belt and don't wrap the carboy in the towel, it will be exposed during the day to some low level light, it is in a basement, but still has some light during the day. Will the two days or so exposure cause any ill effects? I suppose I could build some sort of standing light shield if necessary.

Trubador, I don't think the low level light you are talking about will harm your wine in the carboy.

thanks guys
smiley1.gif

I have my carboys set up in the basement as well, i actually have nothing covering them because I always like to look at them when I walk by, and they haven't been hurt yet by the low levels of light.

Scuba

Latest posts

Back