Brew Belt Problem

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff H

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced this problem?

Use a brewbelt for 3 - 4 days at 72 degress (ambient room temp is a constant 60 degrees), unplug it, re-plug it and it will not heat back up?

This is the second belt that hasdone thisto me within one week. Do these things have some mechanism that would keep it from turning back on for a specific period of time? It seems too simple???

Edit: P.S. - I let is sit for a hour before trying it again, still would not turn back on. It is not over stretched or damaged in any visible way. It has only 3 - 4 days of use and was purchased new.

Edit again: On another forum found something similar:

http://www.winepress.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=21185&st=0&p=226387&#entry226387Edited by: Jeff H

Hi Jeff, I know it wasn't something like I would do and forget to check the circuit breaker, so.... take it back & tell them its junk. Some people use a heating mat used for fish tanks, it goes under the tank and will do a good job on your ferminter. Good luck

Hey Tomy,

Thanks for the reply...Yep checked the outlet all is fine. I have a heating pad under the carboy now but I'm thinking of the Lizard Heater idea too. I returned one belt this weekend to my LHBS so before I returned another I wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something to prevent it from working. Thanks again, Jeff

Never had that problem and Ive been using them for about 4 years with no problems. I have 2 of them.
Edited by: wade

They seem too simple of an item to be having this problem. Since I purchased them at the same place, I was wondering if there was a batch problem. Before returning another I wanted to make sure there wasn't an "operator" problem. Thanks...Jeff

I had 1 that i had to take apart due to my own negligence in pulling from the wrong spot and had o split open the blue plastic and as I pulled the end right out of the plugged end and couldnt get the wires stuffed back in properly. I re wrapped the wires in electrical tap otherwise it wouldnt stay tight on the carboy or bucket. All it is inside is a few wires with connectors inside, no fuses or anything so i really cant see what could be going wrong unless somehow one of these connectors inside came loose. Like I said, the problem with mine was of my own doing and not any fault with the product but that 1 and my other 1 still work great. Thats weird and im sorry to hear that you are having a problem with these.

Damn if I know what is wrong with the things - I returned it to the store, second time in 3 days. Oh well. Thanks!

Back