Bottling Port

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickbw

Novice
Reaction score
I've done a serach, but could not find any advice about bottling a port. We purchased the Orange Chocolate Port and I would like to bottle it bythe end of the month. I don't think we want to bottle it with regular wine bottles, but being new at this I wasn't quite sure.

I've done a serach, but could not find any advice about bottling a port. We purchased the Orange Chocolate Port and I would like to bottle it bythe end of the month. I don't think we want to bottle it with regular wine bottles, but being new at this I wasn't quite sure.

It doesn't really matter, but most seem to bottle port in the smaller 375 ml bottles. You can buy the very fancy and expensive bottles, or you can bottle it in regular, inexpensive splits.

Yes, most use the 375 ml bottles - that's why they include 30 labels with the kit. I usually use a few regular bottles too for those occasions where small bottles aren't enough (like the hunting camp!).

Just bottled mine tonight 30 bottles of Pear Apple with Brandy!! 375ml bottles.

Jim S...

DSCN0564.jpg

If I didn't get used bottles for free I would purchase the regular shaped 375ml bottles for it. They are only about 20 (give or take) for 24 botlles.

Back