Bottling Day with the Allinonewinepump

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vacuumpumpman

Vendor
Sponsor
Reaction score

I wanted to give my own personal review and some tips I used to bottle my wine yesterday.

I transferred 6 carboys using the Allinonewinepump
I Sanitized 160 bottles using the pressurized-bottle-washer-sanitizer
I bottled 160 bottles of wine and corked them and waxed the top of every bottle.

I did this entire process from start to finish ( including cleanup ) in less than 4 hours all by myself !

I woke up the next morning with no side effects – like an aching back or anything !

My son will help me as we put all the full cases in the cellar.

TIPS
I moved the vacuum release closer to the bottling filler to make it easier to hold and use, it was 15’’ from the bottle filler. I also added tie straps to both hoses to just at the end of the vacuum release, this made it more comfortable to use.

I did have some foam from agitating the wine, so I would overflow it a bit and let it go into the reservoir bottle – then hit the vacuum release. After doing 160 bottles my reservoir bottle was only 1/3 full.

The fill tube moved a bit during the process ( remember mine has seen better days, due to all the use of it ) – so I decided to take the hot glue gun and add some glue to hold the tubes together onto the top of the stopper.

I will post the tips on the review section of the All in One Wine Pump

Have had my AIO for several years and it is still going strong. I find bottling with the AIO works really well and have used it quite a bit at home. I have some smaller batches in the winery that I will likely bottle with the AIO this year.

The only thing that has failed on me is the vacuum release. It must have corroded pretty quickly and the valve has broken. I've been too lazy to replace it and it has just been taped up to it from leaking for the last couple years.

Do you use a different valve these days than you did a few years ago?

How do you keep your siphon tube off the bottom of the carboy or bucket so that you're not transferring sediment?

Thanx...

Have had my AIO for several years and it is still going strong. I find bottling with the AIO works really well and have used it quite a bit at home. I have some smaller batches in the winery that I will likely bottle with the AIO this year.

The only thing that has failed on me is the vacuum release. It must have corroded pretty quickly and the valve has broken. I've been too lazy to replace it and it has just been taped up to it from leaking for the last couple years.

Do you use a different valve these days than you did a few years ago?

@ GreginND -
Yes proudly back 2 years ago I had the standard springs upgraded to stainless steel - so there should be no more issues. So far that has been the only replacement part needed for the All in One Wine pump.

They are very reasonably priced as I only sell that component directly to owners of the All in One - so please PM me for more info.

Are you referring to a sediment tip on the racking cane ?

From day one I've only used an Auto Siphon and until you asked your question didn't think about a special tip on just a skinny siphon tube. I'll google to see what a sediment tip looks like. Thanks.

From day one I've only used an Auto Siphon and until you asked your question didn't think about a special tip on just a skinny siphon tube. I'll google to see what a sediment tip looks like. Thanks.

here is a pic of it -
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anti-Sediment-Racking-Cane-Tip-For-3-8in-Racking-Canes-/361388899033

It typically will pull the wine off the bottom of the carboy leaving approx 1/2'' of sediment that it will not suck in,because it pulls wine from the top - rather that the bottom of the tip

Your auto siphon should have come with one of those tips.

How do you keep your siphon tube off the bottom of the carboy or bucket so that you're not transferring sediment?

I rack to a clean carboy first. that way, it is one continuous draw, and minimizes disturbance of the sediment. I can hold the cane off the sediment.

Once in the clean carboy, it doesn't matter where the cane is, so it can sit at the bottom while bottling.

Thanks guys. My Auto Siphon does have one of those tips. I just didn't picture it on a simple siphon tube.

I found a spring at work to fix my vacuum release. I later decided that I wanted a complete new hose set-up so I bought that about 6 months ago. Still sitting in the bag unopened. The old one just won't quit! Even when the spring was corroded and broke in half, I just stuck my thumb over the hole and it worked. Kinda tough on the thumb, though.

If you make wine and don't have one of these, break open the bank account and get one...best winemaking tool ever!

Latest posts

Back