Bottling a Sangria Recipe

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vscottcolorado

Reaction score
I found a Sangria recipe on line and it says you can bottle it after staining the fruit. Has anyone ever done this. I have a Trinity Red that is already tasting pretty good so I thought about re-bottling a few of these into the Sangria. I did add some K-Meta at bottling the Trinity, it has only been a month, would I add additional K-Meta?

I have wondered about the same thing. I think i am going to give it a try and see how it goes. maybe do a gallon batch to start with

This is what I am going to try. Would you leave out the Ginger Ale until serving or add it and bottle?

<UL =disc>
<LI =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt; COLOR: #001f76; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">4 750-ml bottles Pinot Noir <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /></LI>
<LI =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt; COLOR: #001f76; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">1 16-oz bottle ginger ale </LI>
<LI =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt; COLOR: #001f76; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">4 sweet oranges </LI>
<LI =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt; COLOR: #001f76; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">2 lemons or 5-oz can of grapefruit sections in syrup </LI>
<LI =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt; COLOR: #001f76; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">1 pt fresh strawberries </LI>
<LI =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt; COLOR: #001f76; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">1½ pt fresh blackberries or dewberries </LI>
<LI =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt; COLOR: #001f76; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">4 fresh kiwis </LI>
<LI =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt; COLOR: #001f76; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">2 bananas </LI>
<LI =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt; COLOR: #001f76; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">1/4 fresh pineapple </LI>[/list]Wash all fruit. When cutting fruit, do so in glass pie plate to capture all juice that results from cutting. Cut top off pineapple and quarter lengthways. Set 3 quarters aside for another use and cut outer covering off fourth quarter. Slice pineapple into ¼ inch slices and transfer them and captured juice to bowl. Peel kiwi and bananas and slice fruit thinly, transferring to bowl. Remove greenery from strawberries and slice similarly. Remove stems and greenery from blackberries and combine with sliced strawberries. Transfer to bowl. Peel and thinly slice fruit of oranges and lemons, adding to bowl, or substitute small can of grapefruit sections in syrup for lemons. Add all captured juice to bowl. Add ginger ale and wine to bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator 24 hours. Serve as is or strain, press fruit, recombine strained wine and pressed juice, and bottle.

I would definately withold the ginger ale until ready to drink. Sounds like a good reipe too.

Last weekend I went ahead and made up 2 gallons of the Sangria Recipe. Probably added more fruit then needed. It was a big hit at the 4th of July party we had. On Sunday I bottled. Maybe 1-1 1/2" of pulp settlement in bottle even after straining. Is this going to cause any problems?

Latest posts

Back