Bottles

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrawhide

Reaction score
IF you are around any wineries contact them and see if the have any excess glass bottles around. I have found 3 in our area that have sold to me at $5-6/case. Just picked up 20 cases of clear new for $5. Seems like some of the wineries are short of storage room and are glad to sell you the bottles.

This particular winery had 3 pallets of clear left over and were going to be going to a wine equipment supplier so i got all my suv would hold. She ran out of dark bottles so did not get any from there. Next year she stated that she will never run out again. This winery does not do any of their own bottleing as they contract with a mobile bottling service to come in and bottle. You have to have everything ready and waiting for them. They come in, connect to the bulk tanks, fill, foil, label and back into their boxes. She did 1500 cases in an afternoon before she ran out of the dark bottles. Those I will be able to add to a large order when they are ready to buy.

Just some infofor you. At 42 cents a bottle for new glass you really do not want to scrape.

rrawhide

I hear you there about not wanting to scrape at 42 cents. I just got a skid in myself yesterday as I have some of the wine to bottle. I got three kinds of bottles. Transitions (almost clear) are the cheapest. I stay with basic designs for everyday wine. Those bottles are much cheaper than the specialty bottles.

Back