Blueberry keeps fermenting 1.02, 9 days

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovethepirk

Reaction score
My recipe is here:
http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=137910#post137910

I just punched down my blueberries and took a reading....I am at 1.02 after 9 full days of fermentation.

Is that too long from a start of 1.085? Compared to my kits this has been a little longer and the bubbles in the airlock have always been more consistent but slower.

I tasted it and it tastes AWESOME...but a hair sugary still. I could drink it all right now. :dg

How many #'s of blueberry did U add 25#?? I cant see how 6 gal of water and blueberry fit in a 8 gal bucket

Around 74 degrees.
25 pounds of blueberries.

The bucket it pretty full. This is a 5 gallon batch and the water line is currently at 6.75 gallons(inch and a half from top) and the blueberries raised the water line to that level from 4.75 gallons.

I figure the blueberries will release .5 gallons of juice so I would have 5.25 gallons which covers the loss of liquid from racking.

I will check the SG tonight when I get back from work. It's been moving just below .01 SG per day so maybe I will be at 1.01 tonight.

What SG should I rack at?

Since you are at under 1.020, you can do it now. You might want to give it a tad bit of nutrient? I dunno. Temp seems good. Blueberry, cranberry and some of the higher acid/anti-oxidant type fruits can stall on you. I typically use a stronger yeast in those varieties as we've had issues with some wines.

Just make sure you try to stir it twice a day.

I am racking today, it has been 13 days in primary. It's at 1.05, still bubbling as well.

My one gallon batch of blueberry took about 6 weeks to ferment dry (starting SG 1.130), adding a little nutrient every so often when it would start to really get slow would help it pick up once in a while.

I am racking today, it has been 13 days in primary. It's at 1.05, still bubbling as well.

is it really 1.050 or is it 1.005?

I would NOT rack it till its under 1.000

Blueberry can be a bear to ferment go by gravity not time.

Latest posts

Back