RJ Spagnols Blueberry bliss

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geronimo

Norges Skaal!
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with this kit? I added half the f-pack up front plus a pound of sugar which gave an OG of 1.081, and it fermented to dry at 0.995 (11.3% ABV). It's about time to bottle and I'm not tasting anything remotely like blueberry. I haven't sweetened it, so that might be a big factor. Has anyone else done this kit?

No responses so I'll give it a shot.haven't this kit but do make a lot of Blueberry Wine. Most people who drink mine think it's a easy drinking Cab! Many fruit wines do not taste like the fruit they were made from, only hints of the flavor. I would back sweeten to 1.000 to 1.005 & see if you like it better. Do a small sample first before doing the whole carboy. That may bring out more flavor. Hope this helps. Roy

Thanks Roy. It comes with a sweetening/flavor pack, which I put half of in primary. I just bottled it, and it's a nice, light, refreshing wine cooler kind of wine with only a hint of blueberry. It tastes like it'd go great with hamburgers, ribs or any other picnic food.

Every once in a while I get this crazy idea to mess with a wine cooler kit, and I'll end up giving LOTs of these bottles away.

My guess would be most of the flavoring from these wine cooler type kits comes from artificial flavors or extracts. You could, if the blueberry flavor is not strong enough, add some more extract to increase it.

Actual blueberry wine can be quite good...much like a Merlot or a soft Cabernet.

Latest posts

Back