Blending Wines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a few weeks I am going to be starting a six gallon batch of Niagara and a five gallon batch of Cranberry. I plan on blending the two together. My question is should I wait untill I am about ready to bottle to blend or should I blend the two together right from the start in the primary's.

Ferment separately.
Once ready to bottle start expermenting to the ratio you like. Are you planning on using the same yeast?

i am w Tepe on this...do not do it early..because too much occurs between now and bottling

however i AM a fan of experimentation..if you have enough to spare, then tray a small experimental batch together in the primary...you may be suprised by the results later....you never ever know

i came upon my Signature Blend on only a hunch...so i consider the result an accidental discovery...if you have a hunch on something you should always go for it

When I get my Chilean Cab/Merlot juice I already know its a 60/40 mix. I would not do a 50/50 mix. Thus, tis hard to ferment both at once. Then you would have 3 going at once.

1 the blend

2 wine #1

3 wine #2

Do ya have your own Niagara vines or do you purchase them from the
region?

I'm about as far away from ya as I can get in south central Pa. and still be in the state.
bout 20 miles from Lancaster, 30 miles from Philly, right in the middle of Amish country.
smiley1.gif

I heard that some of the wineries in the buffalo and Niagara regions are pretty nice as well, we were going to go up there this year but had some family issues that changed our plans and a newborn grand daughter too.
So we'll go up to the Glen in NY as we have for many years and enjoy there hospitality for a few days, perhaps go your way next fall . Loved my time in the Allegheny mountains a few years back as well. Had the kids at an amusement park south east of Buffalo when they were a bit smaller as well,
Darian Lake I believe it was.

Stayed at Pymatuning last year for about a week and visited all over that region and eastern and northern Ohio.

I buy my juice at Walker's. They are near Dunkirk N.Y. and are large suppliers of juice to a lot of wineries all over the country. There are also 3 or 4 wineries along the lake that also sell juice. Walkers is just about a 45 minute drive from here. This is there web site www.[B]walkersfruitbasket[/B].com

ARE YOU NUTS, MISSING THE SNOW!!!LMAO. We got nearly 200 inches here last year. I am right in the snow belt being about 15 miles away from the lake.

Latest posts

Back