Blenders

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Julie

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Over the weekend, I blended 3 gallon of elderberry with 6 gallon of Fredonia. I think this is going to be a keeper!

Pargettk

Junior
Reaction score
My 25% elderberry/75% chambourcin blend is like your Julie - and it's delicious and still too young. I credit the success to the elderberry cutting the high acidity while adding fruitiness and body. Good stuff.

Julie

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So when we are bottling two different wines I like to blend a glassful to see how it taste. We bottled an Edelweiss and a Noble today. Well this was pretty tasty, it was a 50/50 blend. I'm thinking we will be doing a batch of this come fall.

Julie

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My 25% elderberry/75% chambourcin blend is like your Julie - and it's delicious and still too young. I credit the success to the elderberry cutting the high acidity while adding fruitiness and body. Good stuff.
Have you tasted this lately?

wineview

Reaction score
Do any of you blend after fermentation is complete? In other words blending at bottling time.

Julie

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
All my blends our done after fermentation.

mainshipfred

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Not that my taste is the best but I think I prefer after the wines have aged. This way you know more about what qualities the individual wines have and how one would benefit the other(s).

buzi

Reaction score
I blend right before bottling. That way I have the best idea of what I will get. There is still some changing in the bottle but my taster is not refined enough to allow me to blend pre-fermentation. And those folks that do field blends!?! Gutsy!

Latest posts