Blackberry syrup wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daht

Junior
Reaction score
Hello again
smiley1.gif

This time DH wants to make blackberry wine using 2 quart bottles of what is labeled "blackberry syrup" which he found at a local market. The label says it is all natural, no additives, just blackberries and sugar.

Will this make 5 gallons? How does one know how much more sugar to add to it?
Thank you!

(BTW, the persimmon wine is just about finished fermenting.)

Is this a concentrate that you are suppose to reconsitute...or is it like pancake syrup??? I haven't noticed that product...did you find it in the juice section, natural food section, or pancake syrup section of the store???

Maybe someone else has seen this product...Edited by: Northern Winos

I don't beleive I have seen this yet. Daht, can you elaborate a little more as to what it's use is, i.e. pancake syrup, Natural juice drink, concentrate or not???? Sounds interesting. I have found cherry juice and other 100% natural juices (drinking type) in the health food section of our local grocery store (Food Lion) (and don't get me wrong, I don't frequant health food sections that often....... mostly just to laugh at the skinny people). I used 2 quarts of cherry juice with 4 cans of tart pie cherries packed in water to make 2 gallons of wine, that came out pretty good, but just a little flat in acid and body.

I seen this at my local store that is really a little market that also
sells wine and beer kits. Its actually in the food section and I looked
at it a few times thinking about using it to back sweeten. Keep me
posted on this one if you do use it!

Back