WineXpert Blackberry Port

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild Duk

Reaction score
Just pitched the Yeast....Lets hope it as good as the CRP.....Just got last years batch of it bottled!!!!

How did last year's turn out?

Keep us posted in this one.

Started mine on Oct 1 and its happily doing its thing. Although with all the challenges I read with the CRP, I am stirring this one a couple of times a day hoping to avoid it getting stuck ...........

I hope this port doesnt have the same problems like said above or we will be very busy here typing the same thing over and over again. Maybe this time we should just write it in word and save it!

Last years CRP is excellent.....Bought this one as soon as I tried it.....As far as a stuck ferm., I'm gonna approach it like last years CRP.

In about 4 days, add 1/3 of the dextrose, then repeat every day or every other day. I'll need to check my notes....But I did get it down to 1.010 by doing this...I think it was Wades recomendation....

Yeah, i tend to think the big dump as they specify is part of the problem at that late of the stage and shocks the yeast. I bought a CRP yesterday cause Im finally out of the 2007!

I've still got 2 375ml bottles of mine I' m hoarding for our 50th Anniversary celebration

vcasey said:
Started mine on Oct 1 and its happily doing its thing. Although with all the challenges I read with the CRP, I am stirring this one a couple of times a day hoping to avoid it getting stuck ...........

This one finished at 1008! Got stabilized, sorbated, clearing and the flavor pac were added today. This is going to be a fantastic port.

Thats nice and low, please do tell what the f-pac brings it back up to.

Wade said:
Thats nice and low, please do tell what the f-pac brings it back up to.

I'll try and remember to take the SG next time I rack the port.

Only got down to 1.013......I added the dextrose in 3 seperate additions......Stirred every time, then racked at 1.020.....Its been in the carboy now at 76 degrees since 10/16......Don't think its going to go any lower...Still probably be good though

I need to rack mine off the sediment. Perhaps this weekend, unless I get side tracked by the beautiful weather we are expecting.............

Mine didnt make it past 1.018 which is way better then the first time when it stopped dead at 1.028!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So do you think 1.013 is close enough to add the full F-pack, or leave some out????

I started this kit on March 5th.WOW the smell is fantastic. This looks like it will be a lot of fun making. Many additional steps to regluar kits.

Just completed step 2 racked to carboy - SG was 1.004

This is clearing very nicely. I had a bit left over from adding the "F" pack so I poured extra wine back into empty "F" pack and placed a stopper and air lock. This is just a test but so far its keeping. I know this will need filtered but I can't dump potential wine......

Back