Blackberry Merlot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2PUPs

Reaction score
Well I just racked my Orchard Breezin BB merlot from the primary to carboy for the stabilizing and clearing . Matter of fact first time using glass carboy . Anywho , just thought I would post a pic of it . I need to get a couple more kits so I can have one at each stage .

011-7.jpg

Did you add the f-pac yet?
kinda low level

I meant low level in the carboy.

Its the angle of pic and reflection that is making it look low , it is about 2+ inches from the bottom of bung . Here`s a better shot

014-4.jpg

Last edited:
Interested to see how glass carboy works

You said this is your first time using a glass carboy. I'm curious why you made the switch to glass from plastic and what were you using earlier?

been lower than that in the carboy before. with a higher abv and acidity wine, you can get away with a bit more. especially if it's still working. not a great idea, but been there. don't like to add water if at all possible. had some wines oxidize, so i know what's good and what's not. a bit of K meta helps.

blackberry merlot is a great mix. looks good. nice and dark. let that baby age for 2-4 years and it only gets better!

blackberry merlot is a great mix. looks good. nice and dark. let that baby age for 2-4 years and it only gets better!

2-4 years? That'll never happen in my house. Those Breezin kits are just too good, too soon to outlast the summer. My friends and I go through a couple every summer.

Really though, I'll bet the blackberry would smooth out nicely over that longer period of time.

You said this is your first time using a glass carboy. I'm curious why you made the switch to glass from plastic and what were you using earlier?

Seeing that I am new to wine makeing I started with 2 better bottles , now I,m slowly going to go all glass , also want to be able to use a vacume pump .

Jeff

Seeing that I am new to wine makeing I started with 2 better bottles , now I,m slowly going to go all glass , also want to be able to use a vacume pump .

Jeff

I like the Better Bottles, but they don't work well with my nice vacuum pump, which I got from Wade. Now, I just use the BB bottles for secondary fermentation, cause I still only auto siphon from primary to secondary.

Latest posts

Back