Blackberry Barbera

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waldo said:
An apple/rasberry blend ( red rasberries) makes an awesome wine. I used about a 70% apple-30% rasberry on mine
That sounds good! Do you have a recipe for that?

smiley27.gif
Thanks alot NW. That's what I was looking for. I did a search but couldn't come up with it.

smiley20.gif
That is a good thread! If that wine turns out anything like your green apple gewurtztraminer it will be awesome also. Thanks for the recipe. I have a friend with lots of red raspberry bushes and they said I can have all I want. Now just waiting for the season!

Good timing on these threads! I have a can of Vintners Harvest raspberry that I've been trying to decide what to do with - go straight raspberry wine or blend it either with grape or another fruit. The instructions say it makes a 3 gallon batch full bodied or a 5 gallon batch light bodied wine. If I added apple concentrate to it and aim for a 5 gallon batch would the 6 12oz cans NWhas in her recipe be enough?

dragonmaster42 said:
Good timing on these threads! I have a can of Vintners Harvest raspberry that I've been trying to decide what to do with - go straight raspberry wine or blend it either with grape or another fruit. The instructions say it makes a 3 gallon batch full bodied or a 5 gallon batch light bodied wine. If I added apple concentrate to it and aim for a 5 gallon batch would the 6 12oz cans NWhas in her recipe be enough?

6-12oz cans of frozen concentrate would be good...

Check SG before adding any sugar...

Keep records for next time and to share with us.

NW,

I took a look at one of your earlier posts, but could not tell whether you make yours dry. Which do you prefer, dry or slightly sweetened? Thanks.

Back