BIG SURPRISE THIS MORNING!!!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poacher

Reaction score
smiley21.gif

OK, so I get up this morning just like normal. Check the wine make sure its still doing ok. Get a cup of coffee just the normal things. So I get ready to go to work. Its cold so I go outside to st rat my truck and let it warm. I hit the door lock on the remote, open the door really fast and then to my surprise I see sitting in the front seat GLASS!!!!!!! Thats right GLASS!!! I was in such a hurry that I didn't even notice my drivers side window was broken. They stole my GPS, Ripped my dash apart and stole my CD player. And to top it all off, I know this is my fault. I have a bad habit of putting my wallet above my visor when I go threw a drive-threw instead of putting it back in my pocket. So they got my wallet too. Man I just wanted to scream, among other things. So I run inside start calling everyone. I have a company credit card with no limit that was in my wallet. By the time we called all the credit card companied they had already racked up over 2500 dollars worth of stuff. Cops came took fingerprints.(I'm sure they are all mine) So its just been a pissed off day for me all day. Sorry to all the hardcore wine drinkers out there. But I think tonight is a whiskey night for me. One good thing is my boss was cool. He is one of my best friends and he was just like, Damn now I have to buy you another stereo. OK I just wanted to vent for awhile. Time to find my bottle of Elijah Craig. Bottoms up!!!!!Edited by: bfletch13

That really stinks, I had my truck stolen 1 morning with my dirt bike in the back once but luckily they didnt get far cause I had a custom exhaust (loud) on it and they were so stupid they drove through town past a Dunkin Donuts instead of just going right up my hill and literally would have been in the boondocks. As soon as they started my truck up at 3:00 in the morning I heard it and called the police. They made it less than a mile before they were caught.

Wow that just blows. I thought they had alarms in most of those newer trucks & cars, guess not. Tomy

My brother in-law is a detective in the city I live in. He is pretty mad about what happened, as am I. So tomorrow I will have a fun filled day of searching all the pawn shops looking for my stuff. Hopefully something will turn up.

Tomy said:
Wow that just blows. I thought they had alarms in most of those newer trucks & cars, guess not. Tomy

I went down to the stereo shop and asked them about it. They said on most cars it won't go off if you unlock the door with the remote, key, or from the inside they don't go off. So they people that did it knew that. They busted the window out then unlocked it with the button from the inside. If only people put that must time and effort into learning how to be a decent person this world would be so much better.

My car actually has a motion sensor in it. The lock/unlock is on the center console, but you cannot unlock the car from the inside if the alarm is set, nor can you roll down the windows. It also has an alarm that is triggered ifeither end is lifted.

One push of the fob button arms all of these. A second push disables the tilt and motion alarms. They use this model as police cars in Germany, and two presses of the fob lets them lock suspects in the back seat.

PeterZ said:
My car actually has a motion sensor in it. The lock/unlock is on the center console, but you cannot unlock the car from the inside if the alarm is set, nor can you roll down the windows. It also has an alarm that is triggered ifeither end is lifted.

One push of the fob button arms all of these. A second push disables the tilt and motion alarms. They use this model as police cars in Germany, and two presses of the fob lets them lock suspects in the back seat.

I was looking at alarms yesterday at the stereo shop. It is truly amazing what they can do. One of them you can set it to silent but your car sends you a pager alert letting you know that it has been tripped. I will probably be getting one installed this weekend. Probably won't be as advanced as yours but just something to let me know whats going on.

That's a real shame! My car alarm goes off if the doors are locked from the outside (by key or fob) but then UN-locked from the inside! My kids found that out fooling around in the car playing hide-and-seek and were caught by the car alarm!

Now, another suggestion: I hope you've also notified the three credit firms (Trans Union, Equifax and Experian) to stop all NEW accounts too under your name and personal information. It is not enough to just cancel your current cards. If they got your wallet, as you said, and your Driver's License, they have enough info to steal your identity. They can use your DL number, your DOB and open new credit card accounts, rack up a few thousand, abandon that card, open up a new one, etc. I hope you can get this nipped in the bud! A police report and stopping current cards is only a start. I wish you well -- this could be even worse and I hope and pray it isn't!

Latest posts

Back