"Better Bottle" Bottles...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Red

Junior
Reaction score
Hi all..New kid here with a question.

I've been contemplating making my own wine for quite some time now,
and have finally decided to go for it.
smiley1.gif
In looking at the various wine
equipment kits that are available, many are offering the "Better Bottle"
carboy in place of the standard glass carboy. Does anyone have any
experience with the "Better Bottle" bottles? If so, what did you
think...worth the upgrade in cost or waste of hard earned $$?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Mike

I know it should help with shipping charges, other than that, nothing.

Welcome Big Red and I agree with Country the shipping charges are less and the other advantages are less weight and no glass breakage.

The cost would be less for the non-ported one with the reduced shipping costs. I have one 5 gallon Better Bottle I use for beer and it works fine and cleans up just like glass.

Aloha Mike,

Welcome to the forum. I have both plastic and glass. I always get nervous cleaning and carrying the glass carboys. With the plastic ones, they are light and with no worries. If I had a choice again, I would go with all plastic.

I would go with the plastic. My glass carboy is heavy as you know what and I always fear of losing my grip and droping it.
smiley11.gif

All my glass carboys have handles on them that cost 5 bucks each. I will not use a carboy unless it has a handle on it....not worth the risk!

Although I have not posted it on my web site, I will always exchange the glass carboy with a better-bottle in any of my starter packages.

I have so many glass carboys of various sizes, it is not feasible for me to think about the plastic ones. I also have handles and straps for all of them, and yes, I too get nervous carrying them.

smiley5.gif
Edited by: Country Wine

Latest posts

Back