Beet .. Cloudy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used Sparkaloid on serval wines with good sucess. For a one gallon batch I boil 1/2 tsp of sparkaloid in 1/2 cup of water for 5 minutes then mix it in while hot. Stir well and they have all cleared within a week.

I also have a beet wine bottled but never tasted it. I have another brewing now. My wife says I'm crazy for making wine out of beets and it will taste terrible. So my question is, have any of you made this wine before and how did it taste? Is it worth starting another batch from the beets I have in the freezer? It was a good year for beets.

Hey there... I actually just started my beet wine and am about to rack to my 1G carboy at 1.04 SG. I will get some pictures up for you and let you know how my clearing process proceeds.

Got a big concern - I started my beet wine and actually didn't have any acid blend in my inventory. started with tarctic @ roughly .1 so squeezed some lemon juice and raised it to .25; I stopped at this point because I was worried about throwing it out of balance. Can I add acid blend after the fermentation process is complete to try and balance out the wine if it is bad?

thanks

Right now i think my beet wine is toast... getting some super kleer today and try that... It just does not look good...

Procrastinating on adding the SuperKleer. For sure doing that today. Never used it before... Do i need to cut down on the amount of SuperKleer for a one gallon jug. Only info in the directions is for 5-6 gallon.

compare this pic with first ones in the thread... Hmmm Oxidation? Smells OK.. havent tasted it yet.

20090114_052710_01_14_09_003_Sm.JPG

Looks like the peach we make before I filter it. I don't think it would oxidize that quickly, it's toped up well. To much light can cause the color to dissipate over time.

Jeff

Latest posts

Back