Barrel Room

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrawhide

Reaction score
Hey all -

Got my barrel room painted and concrete stained on the floor. This is
about a 6' x 12' area in front of the wine room. So, here it is - -

Behind the door - - -

20100203_224615_barrel_room_002.jpg

a wild grape got loose - - -

20100203_224840_barrel_room_003.jpg

wow...i like......how did that concrete stain work out...i wanted to do that to my winery but ran out of time

Amazing, you even have your own barrel storage! You are enjoying yourself way too much..... almost like you were retired or something......

Hi AL

For the concrete stain I used the BEHR Semi-transparent in Calypso color. I first used the Behr conctete primer and bonder. Then the stain and the 2 coats of the 'wet look' product. You can get all these at Home Depot. First used a low nap roller for the primer and then used a 'faux' finish foam roller for the color. Low nap for the wet look. I only used one color since it is such a small area but a friend of mine used 3 colors and wow does it snap. Hope that this helps. I might do this to the rest of the floors too - wine and work room.

Rick
should be floor!!!

It definitely has a wet look to it. It looks like it would be slippery, but I bet it isn't being just a standard concrete surface. Great idea!

Latest posts

Back